My Favorite TV Show


WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS OF PEAKY BLINDERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rEb5wACbG0&ab_channel=Snapfetch  "I almost had everything"


Definitely, my favorite TV show is Peaky Blinders. I learned about it because some friends were watching it years ago and I thought: OK, I will watch it too, just because...But then I absolutely loved it! Everything about the series caught my attention in no time. 

The series is about a family of gangsters from the 1920's. The protagonist is Thomas Shelby, who recently came back from World War I being severely traumatized and with the mission of  leading the family business, that has been managed for years by the Shelby women: aunt Polly, a 60-something years old woman that becomes the main counselor for Tomy; and Ada Shelby, the youngest of four siblings and the only sister who doesn't want to be involved with the family and leaves with a communist activist. 

Their business is mainly racehorse betting, but with the time it starts to grow along with Tommy's thirst for power. Along with the women and Tommy, he also has two brothers that are important characters: Arthur, the oldest and most impulsive of all of them; and John, whose loyalty will always be with Tomy but also wants to leave the family business for a simpler life.

I love this show because of the characters, the photography and the soundtrack: all of these are so good that if the story at some point gets boring, you don't even realize about it. And of course, the interpretation of the actors is phenomenal: Cillian Murphy, Helen Mcrory and the rest are absolutely amazing.

My favorite episode would be the one when Tommy is almost killed by the Russians, but he's just saved because the Prime Minister needs his help: he made an agreement with him at the time in which Tommy would help him with "favours" (murders mostly) and he could export his gin to the rest of Europe without taxation (link is above).




Comentarios

  1. I've been postponing this series for a long time, I'll watch it

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I've only watched the first season, I think is a little slow but maybe now I'm gonna give it a second chance to finish it.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Simone! I watch this program too! Is amazing, I think I´ll see it again!! ahah

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A Country I would like to visit: England - London